- 12 oz whole wheat bow-tie pasta
- 2 T pine nuts
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz chicken breasts
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 small red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary (1 tsp dried)
- 9 oz frozen artichoke hearts (14 oz canned)
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat 2 T oil; add chicken and saute and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Add 1 tsp oil to pan and add peppers, shallots, and garlic; saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken to pepper mixture; add broth, vinegar, rosemary, and boil.
Add artichoke hearts and pasta; sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
*Recipe courtesy of EatingWell.com