- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c uncooked basmati rice
- 1/3 c golden raisins
- 1 14-oz can chicken broth
- 1/4 c fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- 6 lime wedges
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken to pan and saute three minutes.
Add onion and jalapeno; saute 3 minutes.
Add ginger, garam masala, cumin, salt, and garlic; saute 30 seconds.
Add tomato, rice, raisins, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
Stir in cilantro, sprinkle with almonds, and serve with lime wedges.
Also pictured: cucumber/tomato salad.
*Recipe courtesy of Mama B and Cooking Light