- 3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 c Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 c spaghetti sauce, divided
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
Generously salt the eggplant and let sit for 30 minutes; rinse thoroughly and pat completely dry using paper towels.
Dip eggplant slices in egg and then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for five minutes on each side.
In a 9x13 pan, spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Also pictured: fettuccine with naked sauce.
*Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com